Allgemeine Geschäftsbedingungen (AGB) für den "Bist du der nächste Ben & Jerry´s" Wettbewerb 2015
(Das langweilige, aber wichtige Häppchen)
1.1 The promoter of this competition is Unilever UK Limited who is a part of the Unilever Group Companies. Unilever Group means Unilever PLC, Unilever N.V. and any company in which either or both directly or indirectly owns or controls the voting rights attached to not less than 50% of the issued ordinary share capital or controls, directly or indirectly, the appointment of a majority of the board of management and a “Unilever Group Company” shall be construed accordingly. Unilever Group and Unilever UK Limited are collectively referred to as Ben & Jerry’s.
1.2 Sounds painful, but it’s not…(promise!) Here’s a head’s up, you’re bound by these Terms and Conditions when you enter any competitions operated by Ben & Jerry’s.
1.3 Although Ben & Jerry’s may amend these from time to time, there are always these little ‘General Contest Rules’ looming in the background. Just so you know, they apply to all Ben & Jerry’s contestants…(bet that makes you feel all special!)
1.4 Money isn’t everything…which is why no purchase or payment is necessary to enter this lovely little Ben & Jerry’s competition.
1.5 It’s not as ‘heavy’ as it sounds, but, you entering and participating in any competition means you unconditionally accept these Terms. All entry instructions and any other specific details relating to the competition (or the goodies, aka prizes!) form part of these Terms too.
1.6 So, if you enter the competition, it’s the thumbs up to us that you’ve read, understood, and are bound by these rules! (Hurrah!)
1.7 The final decision is down to Ben & Jerry’s…(no pressure!)
1.8 Ben & Jerry’s will accept competition submissions via email to email@example.com until March 16th, 2015 at 17:00 GMT. Entries need to be received via email on the official Join Our Core application form, and they’ve got to be in English or they won’t be accepted (sorry!)
1.9 This competition shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and any dispute arising from them (including non-contractual disputes) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
2.1 Country of residence: The competition is open to people ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom, Sweden, France, Germany and the Netherlands. Entries from people outside of these countries will not be accepted (sorry!) Proof of your residential status may be required if you are selected as a finalist. Although entrants must live in one of these 5 countries, the business itself can run or do its thing in ANY country in the world…(yep, anywhere!)
2.2 Employees, directors, officers, agency workers, seconded workers, volunteers, interns, agents, contractors, external consultants, third-party representatives and business partners of Ben & Jerry’s and their immediate families are not eligible to enter the competition.
2.3 Age requirement: The competition is open to those aged between 18 and 40 (inclusive) when submitting their entry (so that’s between 9th February 2015 and 16th March 2015. Oh and, just a head’s up, we might need some proof of age from you – we won’t laugh at your passport or driving licence photo though, promise!) Entry from people outside this age range won’t be accepted, we’re looking for the next generation of social entrepreneurs out there. Do check out our Partners Ashoka’s other competitions on http://www.changemakers.com/opportunities for other opportunities.
2.4 Personal details: We’d like to get to know you a little better, so Ben & Jerry’s ask that you give us some personal details, but these will be treated confidentially (http://www.unileverprivacypolicy.com). You agree that all data provided by you is correct, up-to-date and complete.
2.5 All decisions will be final and binding, and made by the lovely Ben & Jerry’s. No correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
2.6 Everything must reach Ben & Jerry’s by the closing date, or on the closing date, as specified in the competition. Alas, Ben & Jerry’s won’t take responsibility for any answers that are illegible, misdirected, lost for technical (or other) reasons, or received after the closing date.
2.7 You’re going to have to select your best business because you can’t enter the competition more than once.
2.8 2012, 2013 and 2014 entrants: No one is excluded from the 2015 competition, with our new crowdfunding format we are opening the doors to any previous entries to apply!
2.9 We’re not a fan of nasties, so Ben & Jerry’s reserve the right to withdraw any competition application that uses inappropriate or abusive language or someone who shows that they cannot work in a team or are not sensitive to the needs of others.
3. Competition Procedure
3.1 Join Our Core is Ben & Jerry’s hunt for the best and brightest social entrepreneurs using business to create change in their communities. Ben & Jerry’s will accept competition submissions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org until 16th March 2015, at 17:00 GMT. Entries need to be received via email on the official Join Our Core application form, and they’ve got to be in English or they won’t be accepted (sorry!)
3.2 Stages of the competition:
Any updates or announcements will be posted on www.joinourcore.com – worth bookmarking it so you don’t miss out!
3.2.1 Stage 1: Entries
- Entries for the competition open 9th February 2015 at 12:00 GMT
- Application form for entry can be found at joinourcore.com.
- We ask from you 2 referees, who have provided you with consent to be used as referees and with whom you give us the consent to contact before the short listing.
- The early bird deadline for the first 100 applicants is 2nd March 2015 at 17:00 GMT
- The final deadline for submitting competition entries is 17:00 GMT on 16th March 2015.
3.2.2 Stage 2: Finalists
- Ben & Jerry’s and our competition partners Ashoka, will have a good look at all the entries, and create a shortlist of up to 5 Finalists from each of the following countries in Europe: United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Sweden, France and Germany.
- Those lucky people will be contacted by email or phone before the end of March 2015.
- The Finalists will each be invited to a crowdfunding training camp, ‘Scoop Camp’, which will be held in their local market during;
o 7th & 8th April in Stockholm for Sweden residents
o 9th & 10th April in Hamburg for Germany residents
o 14th & 15th April in Paris for French residents
o Afternoon of 14th, 15th and 16th April in London for UK residents
o 16th & 17th April in Amsterdam for Netherlands residents.
- Your economy travel to Scoop Camp and four star accommodation costs (at a hotel of Ben & Jerry’s choice) shall be covered by Ben & Jerry’s.
- The training camp will include sessions on marketing provided by Ben & Jerry’s, top tips on running crowdfunding campaigns from leading platforms. The aim of the Scoop Camp is that all finalists will find this beneficial for future crowdfunding campaigns.
- A judging panel containing experts from Ben & Jerry’s, the crowdfunding industry, social entrepreneurship and academia will then select up to two winning entries from each of the 5 countries in a session on 27th April 2015, after which the winners and runners up will be notified of a final decision by the 29th April 2015 by phone and/or email. For clarity, the judging panel may in its sole discretion only select one winning entry from each country. Their decision shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- The judging panel shall apply the following criteria to the entries to select the finalists and winners: innovation; social impact; financial sustainability; soft skills; and the strength of the draft crowd source funding.
3.2.3 Stage 3: Crowdfunding campaigns go live
- Winners must commit to running a crowdfunding campaign to kick off as close to 18th May 2015 as possible.
- Ben & Jerry’s commit to promoting the winners’ crowdfunding campaign to their digital and social media audience around Europe, as well as providing other resources (which includes providing ice cream for events and promotion through PR and at Ben & Jerry’s events) to support these awesome winners to make their campaigns a success!
- The crowdfunding campaigns will run until the end of June 2015.
3.2.4 Stage 4: Winners trip to Vermont
- The winners of Join Our Core 2015 will go to Ben & Jerry’s HQ in Vermont, USA from 21st September 2015 until 25th September 2015. Again, make a note of these dates…you’d need to be in Vermont for the whole time. You must be able to attend these dates otherwise your prize will be forfeited.
- Ben and Jerry’s shall cover the costs for your return economy flight from your local market to Vermont and four star accommodation (of Ben & Jerry’s choice) for the duration of the trip. Ben & Jerry’s shall also provide all meals for the duration of the trip and transport whilst on the trip (hurrah!). The total value of the trip per winner is one thousand Euros (€1000). Please make sure you set these dates in your diary as your place is non-transferable and is not redeemable for cash should you win.
3.3 The Vermont Trip:
The trip to Vermont is a biggie. In order to travel there, you’re required to
· Have a valid passport.
· Obtain, at your own cost, a Visa to travel to the United States.
· Obtain, at your own cost, and show adequate travel insurance to cover the full duration of the trip (travel inter-countries in Europe for the pitch, and potentially the trip to Vermont, USA) covering personal injury, personal belongings, personal money, personal liability, medical assistance, repatriation.
· Return to your home address as soon as the competition finishes and do not embark upon your own independent travel arrangements outside of the competition.
We operate a “no alcohol, no drugs and no weapons policy” on the trip. There might be the option to have a chilled beer (or two) when we are staying in the hotel in Vermont subject to local laws and regulations on alcohol.
For clarity, it is in the sole discretion of the judging panel to select the finalists and winners. Their decision shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
4. Health and Safety
4.1 By entering the Ben & Jerry’s competition you’re agreeing to abide by these Terms and Conditions. You confirm and warrant that to the best of your knowledge your general state of health is good and you have no medical condition that could be adversely affected by any of the events or activities planned or reasonably expected to be involved in the competition. So you’re saying that you’re fit as a fiddle!
4.2 You agree to co-operate and comply with all reasonable requests of Ben & Jerry’s and its agents and employees (in particular with respect to health and safety) in connection with the competition and its broadcast.
4.3 It’s super important that you take all reasonable steps to ensure your own health and safety. Any conduct or behaviour, or act or conduct by you that Ben & Jerry’s considers to pose any medical, security or safety risk will lead to your immediate disqualification (including without limitation, any abusive behaviour, physical or verbal).
4.4 All activities are undertaken at your own risk. You hereby confirm that you have taken adequate travel insurance and agree that Ben & Jerry’s have no liability for your safety throughout the trip (travel inter-countries in Europe for the pitch, and potentially the trip to Vermont, USA), You must notify Ben & Jerry’s of any medical or other condition which may mean that you are unfit for travel or participation in the Contest as soon as you become aware of such a condition. Ben & Jerry’s reserves the right to forfeit your place in the Contest or the Prize (without liability or compensation) if you fail to comply with these conditions, or, in its opinion, you may expose yourself or others to risk of illness or injury, or to the cancellation, disruption or curtailment of the contest.
5.1 Early Birds Prize: The first 100 entries to the competition by the 2nd March at 17:00 GMT will scoop themselves some ice cream goodies (which will include Ben & Jerry’s merchandise) from Ben & Jerry’s! The winners will be notified within a month of the early bird deadline. The value of this prize is up to €20 for each Early Bird Prize winner. Residents of Sweden are not entitled to participate in the Early Bird Prize element of this competition.
5.2 Winners: The final deadline for submitting competition entries is 17:00 GMT 16th March 2015 (so write that down!) No further entries will be accepted after this, sorry! The overall winners will be chosen by our expert judging panel on 27th April 2015. Up to two winners from each of the 5 countries will receive: promotion of their crowdfunding campaign to Ben & Jerry’s fans online and at offline events, a commitment from Ben & Jerry’s to fund 20% of the crowdfunding target, up to a crowdfunding target limit of fifty thousand Euros (€50,000) for each winner…(ka-CHING!). The winners can set a crowdfunding target higher than this fifty thousand Euro (€50,000) limit, but Ben & Jerry’s Europe will only commit to 20% funding to the fifty thousand Euro (€50,000) limit. Winners will also receive business mentoring (which consists of 3 months of structured mentoring support and the completion of 6 modules) from the Unilever Foundry, a partner of Ben & Jerry’s Europe, which is pretty neat...! The business mentoring will consists of 3 months of structured mentoring support
5.3 Finalists: In addition to the activities as outlines in clause 3.2.2, finalists will be invited to join the Join Our Core community online, and be included in the network as the programme grows over the years.
6.1 Work on that photo pose, as competition entrants will be required by Ben & Jerry’s to participate in a photo, video and/or film session during all assessment phases including the pitches to the panel. Ben & Jerry’s will retain ownership of the copyright in these photos, videos and films. You acknowledge that Ben & Jerry’s has the right to use your name, likeness and image in such publicity photos, videos and/or films in any medium, in any country, and in any reasonable manner it sees fit worldwide and in perpetuity. (We won’t make fun of you or anything…we just want you to get the recognition you deserve!)
6.2 A summary of all entries will be available to view publically on the joinourcore.com website, by the way (in all cases you hereby grant Ben & Jerry’s the rights to share any required information to do so)…and they might be promoted on social media and partners’ websites too. Spreading the peace, love & sustainable businesses!
7.1 During the subsistence of the selection process, you may become aware of a number of secret and confidential matters and may come into possession of confidential or commercially sensitive documentation relating to Ben & Jerry’s. You shall preserve the confidentiality of all such matters and/or documentation (“the Confidential Information”) by:
i) refraining from disclosing the Confidential Information or any part thereof to any third party without Ben & Jerry’s prior written consent ;
ii) undertaking not to use the Confidential Information or any part thereof without Ben & Jerry’s prior written consent, except for the strict purposes of the co-operation under this Agreement;
This confidentiality obligation shall not apply to any matter which is already in the public domain before its disclosure or which subsequently comes into the public domain through no fault of or default by us, or you.
7.2 Ben & Jerry’s reserve the right to reject anyone from the competition who, in the opinion of Ben & Jerry’s have not projected a moral and law abiding persona to the public.
7.3 In the event that Ben & Jerry’s is not able, for any reason, to deliver any prize described in these Terms & conditions, Ben 7 Jerry’s reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal value.
7.4 Nothing in these Terms & Conditions obligates Ben & Jerry’s to use any of the ideas submitted by you.
7.5 Nothing in these Terms & Conditions will render you (nor shall you represent yourself to be) an officer, employee, partner or director of Ben & Jerry’s.
7.6 Ben & Jerry’s cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by you entering the competition or as a result of you accepting any prize including transportation, food or accommodation provided for the trips. Nothing shall exclude Ben & Jerry’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
7.7 In the event you have a complaint about the competition or the service received in connection with the competition, you should email us at email@example.com.
7.8 These Terms & Conditions are in accordance with local regulations.
8. Intellectual Property
8.1 You agree that your business model will be original and that you are the sole author and the legal and beneficial owner of all rights of copyright and other rights to the business model worldwide.
8.2 You confirm that you have the right to licence to Ben & Jerry’s the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the business model for the purposes referred to in these Terms & Conditions.
8.3 You will retain ownership of copyright in your business model but you give Ben & Jerry’s your irrevocable permission to publish, display and transmit your business model worldwide and in perpetuity for such promotional purposes and for the purposes of the competition.
8.4 You agree that your business model, ideas and materials will not infringe any copyright, trade mark, right of privacy, right of publicity or personality or any other right whatsoever of any third party, and that you will indemnify Ben & Jerry’s against any damage it suffers as a result of a breach of this clause.
9. Third Party Rights
9.1 A person who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions shall not have any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, this does not include Ben & Jerry’s who are a party to these Terms and Conditions.